Tuesday 17 December 2013

Butterfly

Lessons and Carols. A church overflowing with people, flowers and burning candles. A dark light. The choir robed and singing. All of a sudden there is this butterfly, dancing, pirouetting, distracting the clergy. It swings through the choir, the warmest and brightest part of the church, restless. All of a sudden it lands on my music which I am singing from. Snow in Winter.. covering the words. It spreads its beautiful wings. A peacock, I now see. Perfectly still it sits there through part of our anthem completely covering my music. Fortunately I know it quite well. But I can hardly sing. It seems such a miracle. Is it a sign from above or has it just been disturbed in its hibernation by the temperature in the church and the music? After some minutes it takes off, continuing its circular dance. It doesn’t land anywhere else, and I am sad to see it go. 

1 comment:

Followers

Blog Archive