Thursday 2 October 2014

Travelogue



At last I had time to make a book about the one week I spent in Minnesota in October 2013 as part of a 6-week tour through Canada. I had finished the Canada books, but had left out this week as it didn’t seem to fit in and needed a separate chapter – which now has grown into a separate book. We had a leisurely week, and did not go far as the trip from Winnipeg to Minneapolis and back took already two days. There is a lot to do and see around my friends’ town, so we took our pick. Almost also literally, as it was harvest time and we went to an apple orchard.  But all the picking had been done for us, and we were only left with the tasting. Not bad, I must say. We visited churches, many of them new, and enjoyed the autumn colours. Which means the book is a riot of colour and a mixture of many things which are basically unconnected, had I not connected them by doing and seeing all those things in that particular week. My friend drove me back to Winnipeg and stayed a few nights. Our excursion to Gimli is also recorded in this book. Personally I love the variety and the colours in this book. I apologise for the texts which are mainly in Dutch apart from some exceptions. I may make an English version, but that depends on the demand.



 Two of the photo's from the book



2 comments:

  1. Oh, you are so incredibly organized. A true librarian. The image is very blurry, was that intentional?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The image is taken from the website which has produced the book for me. If you click on the title of this post, you can get a preview of the book with very clear pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive